Did you know that I went to Hawaii? I guess the fact really is that I'm telling you. I went to Hawaii. But of course you knew that. I'm here to tell you, I found Hawaii well.
We heard all sorts: "It's been raining for the last month!" "It's been raining for the last four weeks, really..." "I haven't seen it rain so much!" "We had quite a bit of rain."
But don't be alarmed. We found sun at Hanauma Bay. In fact, wherever we went, sun followed. My friend Paul found more sun than the rest of us and now has the pleasant experience of watching his epidermis peel off like a, how did he put it? Like a "fruit roll-up". But what's more is that I decided to be more like Lisa, and then and there I began by questioning the honey bee sign. "Do you think they're serious?" But, I think it's obvious... they are. And they weren't exactly honey bees, and you know that I would know.And they put beans in their slurpees. Ian's right, everybody.
When they say that they are expecting 25,000 people, I just want you to know that they mean 450. But that was good enough for filling up the entire front section and it was good enough for us. I don't even think there are 25,000 students at that university. Honestly, Peyton worked out the percentages (in his head, which is a story in and of itself) and they did pretty well considering (don't you like when people insert "considering" when you know they may not know exactly what they are considering?). It's amazing what a little catering and a little bit of local humor can do .And I tell you, my dear friends, that three times in one year is never too many. So if you have the opportunity, I think you should take it. Especially if you leave here while it's snowing and return to the spring. Vernal isn't just a city anymore!
I went to Hawaii.
The moral of the story:
Buy a digital camera.
Thank you.
4 comments:
Wait...YOU went to HAWAII?!?
in any case, I don't want you hanging around with this "Peyton" anymore.
i believe this Hawaii trip was more than meets the eye, photos and all. do you think that there will ever be a sunburn fruit roll-up? gross.
double gross, kel.
but, jo, 12 days is a long time. i think you should write about me and how cool i am and how it was totally worth sitting around for an hour so you could sit in my tiny car and eat frozen hot chocolate with me.
in other news, was kel implying that there are things you're not telling us about this trip? more pictures? juicy stories? come on! dish!
Post a Comment