"I want to start a band. Who's with me?" and people would join me, and we'd be a band. It would be great. No joke.
and whenever I think of vermicous knids this picture comes to my mind.I actually remember thinking that they were kind of cute little creatures.
But then there is this picture. And I didn't even remember that this picture existed. And so I had to reach into the archives of my brain and a file came up. This is the only word they know how to spell which is why they spell it out right before they are going to attack. And suddenly they don't look so cute anymore, do they... (Truth be told, if you read this entire link that I will now provide for you, you'll learn more than you were expecting. Seriously, read the whole thing. It's pretty cool.) I would start saying "scram" too, only it really isn't nice... at all... in any context. In fact, I can't think of an instance where I would want to say it. At first I thought maybe I'd want to say it to those darn ants that take a liking to the place where I have chosen to sit on the south side of the HFAC. They crawl all over my books, and my shoes and everything. But no. "Scram" seems even too harsh for them.
And that's another thing. Would I have to say it in a nasally voice with my face all scrunched up? 'Cause that's what I'm picturing here, and I'm not liking that picture.
Maybe I'll just stick to what I normally say when I would like the ants to "scram" as they say: get. That's right, "get". Let the ants infer what they will from that word.
7 comments:
all hail Wikipedia! they have an entry for 'vermicious knids' - that's great!
as for 'scram' i say it to the neighbor's orange cat that likes to rub up against my leg and get her fur all over my pants. i know it's not the nicest thing but it is the perfect thing for orange cats... you have to admit that.
the orange cat, eh?
hmmm...
you have a point there, kel my friend, you have a point.
can i be in the band?
you are the only person i know of with literal files in their brain. i now have even more reason to want to be you.
oh! oh! i remembered what i wanted to say:
rock that new post candy shop!
(i actually just thought of it, but wished i'd said it first and instead of the sub-par comment i already posted. but now like notes from the underground [which i'm reading to fill out my new persona] i feel ashamed of thinking that i'm funny, but will still post it out of spite so that i am exposed to the ridicule of all.)
I bet vermicious knids only eat snozzcumbers.
it is consoling to know that even roald dahl misses sometimes. I mean that great glass elevator was a sorta ok sequel. but those vermicious knids pretty much keep you reading, eh?
it's been a while but I remember just the oddity and suspense that these small, friendly? hostile? creatures brought to the story. for a kid that was excited by new bugs and salamanders and stuff, this was a great discovery.
been reading lately about how Roald Dahl's daughter has helped these doctors fighting TB in Haiti. small world.
Lizard Music by Daniel Pinkwater would be a good match to that of the k'nids. That is, when there is time for balance.
The Wikipedia is interesting stuff, and I agree with Kel.
Post a Comment