Monday, April 14, 2008

vocab vagabond

I misused the word lucrative the other day.

Boy, did I feel sheepish.

Apparently it doesn't mean "prestigious".

You know, deep down, I knew that... right?

So... I won't be defining any words for you this post.

I don't think I've earned it.

So maybe YOU could define some words for me, eh?

Any cool words you want to share?

Who knows... you may just save me from another embarrassing vocab blunder.

Please do.

Apparently, I need the help.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

I had to go look up lucrative just to make sure I knew what it meant. So no worries. You're not the only one with vocab blunders. :)

kel said...

you need to write more sentences on the chalk board! then copy some spelling words and stuff.

if it makes you feel any better i once said to Dad, 'don't patronize me' when i meant 'don't patronize me'. even though they're spelled the same different pronunciations give different meaning.

Unknown said...

It wasn't that bad...Don't be too hard on yourself. And I don't what you're talking about....you looked great.

ash said...

No pain, no gain. At least you use more vocabulary words and as a result have quite an extensive vocabulary.

Here's a good word: scenic.

And here's another: pulchritude - it means beauty. Sure isn't a case of onomatopoeia, eh?

Kylie said...

wizard: apparently this means "cool" on Juno.

If you haven't seen it, you gotta jump on that train. It rocks my world these days.

Unknown said...

Juno has changed my life...you really should see it.

The Former 786 said...

Believe it or not "several" has nothing to do with number seven. Don't even mention it. People will laugh at you.