I did, however, begin the following post before this grand event occurred (it surprised us). I hope you enjoy.
For Memorial Day weekend we took Friday off and made a weekend of it complete with a written list of stuff we wanted to do that weekend (we needed a break, can you tell?). The list was full to the brim with things we've always wanted to do. Among them was a trip to what is affectionately called "Brat Fest" by the locals but what I found to be officially named "The Worlds Largest Brat Fest". This thing breaks all kinds of bratwurst related world records I'm told.
I ordered the Veggie Brat. The man helping us thought I was crazy, but I was intrigued and curious. I am however, curious no more and wouldn't recommend the Veggie Brat no matter how much delicious mustard and sauerkraut you put on it.
Good ol' K didn't break from character (it's amazing I still get surprised) and went big with the "Double Johnny" or something like that. Yes, that is two brats in one bun. Crazy.
But I did have to have a bite.
All in all, a grand time. And now I feel a little more like a Wisconsinite. A Wisonsiner. A Winsconsinan.
4 comments:
Mmmmm, I love me a brat. I totally respect, no, applaud your decision to not post about your little one(though I imagine she'll make a guest appearance from time to time).
You have been a blogger with purpose for a long time now and have a following of readers that would miss Jackie Smaz if it were to change. As long as you satisfy the publics need for pictures of the little bean I see no reason why Jackie should lose its integrity. No one would want that.
I on the other hand only began blogging to share pictures and use it as a digital baby book (I'm not willing to scrapbook). I do sometimes wish I had my own blog for my occasional insights but I honestly don't think I could figure out how to set up another one.
Cheers to the brat fest! Cheers to Wisconsin! You guys live in a cool place. How does a veggie brat compare to a veggie dog?
Wooooooooo! Congratulations on the little brat! So much fun!
Congrats on the new event in your lives!
Love to see that you are embracing the new community culture... even if it you have to eat a veggie brat blech!
Post a Comment