Sunday, March 05, 2006

and that's why they call me...


My sister named this one Swiss Breakfast. She knows me too well. See, I have this vision where my kids will grow up on breakfasts full of cheeses, museli, room-temperature yogurt, croissants, and nutella--in essence, all that is swiss breakfast--and one day they will come away from some event realizing that not everybody eats the same breakfast as they do. I mean, how many times have you looked in the fridge and thought, "I want to eat my brie and Wasa for breakfast... but that's just not done in these parts." Well, not in my house. I'm breaking the chains of dry cereal breakfasts and asking Marshmellow Mateys to take a back seat (not too far back though). It's whole milk or bust. But before you turn away in a she'll-never-do-that manner, just remember, my sister painted Swiss Breakfast here... and it happens to be a very good likeness too.

thanks for the new look, kel.

2 comments:

T.R. said...

hmm.....an avatar perhaps?


also: at the smith's on 9th and 8th, kellogs kids cereals are 8 for $8. Looks like its the american breakfast for the next month and a half at least.

kel said...

it doesn't get much better than swiss breakfast. i mean, chocolate-hazel nut spread on toast... what more could we want? oh, right. a bit of swiss cheese on the side too.