Thursday, June 22, 2006

one final and I'm done

My friends, it's called RNAi and I am fascinated by it. There is potential here, but my professor said it's just "so far not so good" for finding any real effectiveness for humans.
It has been several days since my last post... I don't even know what day it is, seriously. The only way I'll really know is that when I post this post, it will have the day I posted it. That's how I plan on finding out what day it is. Why am I so lost? Because my head is filled with all sorts of polymerases and synthetases, ethidium bromide and radiolabeled primers, kung fu and dicing. I tell you, my head is full of information. And before you know it... you start seeing things it like this.

Is that pac man? Molecular biologist seem to always use this comparison. Can you imagine thinking that you've got little green men chewing away at your DNA? And some of them look pretty ferocious. If only it were that easy, right? Some day, friends, someday we will understand it all.

6 comments:

the anna said...

i wanted to be the first to comment

the anna said...

um, jo? i don't understand any of this.
but i like all the pictures. is that really what i look like? cool.
the animation looks like a way fun amusement park. it kind of reminds me of charlie and the chocolate factory. (or should i say charly?) but those dicers are terrifying. that little pause before they snap you in two...
it's like they're torturing you.

what does it all mean? now that you have all this free time (what with school being out and all) you can explain it, right? right?

kel said...

i remember watching a video in biology once. the setting was a shady yard of a house in New England with people walking around. they'd go in and out of the fenced yard then back out and back in. some people were dressed up in all red body suits (head covers included) and other people were dressed up in all white body suits. the red guys seemed like good guys at first but then they stopped letting the white guys in the yard... kept them outside of the fence... gave them the stiff-arm halt. no talking. apparently it was explaining how the AIDS virus worked.

i like munching pac man better... slightly less creepy.

kel said...

oh, one more thing... how come RrpA and RrpB have that stupid look on their faces? are they unaware of the dicers? don't they care? (worth 25 points)

T.R. said...

I heard that RNA does stuff

jo said...

it does! and now for four easy payments of only $9.99 you too can own....