
Last night I came home and decided to read a bit before I went to sleep. I find that I decide to do this at the worst times of the day. This particular time was 2:11 am. Yes, I should have been sleeping so that I could get up early and check my old tests and annotated bibliography score and then give a Biology 100 review session, but... well, I have no real reason. I wanted to read. I guess that's enough.
I began where I left off in Daniel Pinkwater's The Snarkout Boys and the Avocado of Death where Walter and the gang set out with Osgood Sigerson in search of Rat's Uncle Flipping. And all of a sudden Sigerson said this, "I'm going to go reconnoiter," just after leaving a security guard trapped in cocoon of scotch tape (part of the plan, you know).
So:
re·con·noi·ter
v. To make a preliminary inspection of, especially in order to gather military information.
We can thank Todd for this one. He's the one that suggested the book to me, you know, to read when I needed to think of something else. I don't know if he meant so early in the morning, but hey.
I'm so lucky to have people looking out for me.
2 comments:
That book sounds crazy and I need something to read over Christmas--should I attempt it? I'm not sure if my vocab is big enough for something that uses words like reonnoiter. Which I probably just misspelled.
this is a great book! i reccommend it to anybody and everybody with an imagination and wants more than the Davinci Code.
Post a Comment