So what am I supposed to make of the guy sitting next to me in the library using a lighter and a hunting knife to sear his recently incurred wound? I don't think I'd think twice about it except for the fact that he has also been talking to himself, or the computer really, ever since I got here. There's really nothing inherently wrong with talking to the computer, or yourself, while you work, but adding the searing wound bit makes it different... maybe. Ha ha ha. The best part is that I heard the *snick* of the lighter and looked over just in time to see him realize what he was doing and scan suspiciously around for any sort of library official. I also got a lucky glimpse of the wound: a small nick on the middle finger of his left hand. That explains the frustrated, "Dangit!" coming from his direction a few minutes earlier. Ah, when you've got time on your hands.
Ooo! Ooo! And I just witnessed my first guy being excited after getting a date! No joke, I thought all that discussion about having to pump yourself up before asking someone on a date and then feeling triumphant when it actually works out the way you want it to was all fable! I mean, I knew that's probably what I'd have to do being the person that I am, but I thought guys were much too suave and understandingly confident for it to be really true. Perhaps I just thought it was a story they told us girls knowing that it might make us feel, you know, a little more special. Now that I say that outloud, it sounds quite naive. Well, I'm glad to be proven wrong. And indeed he looked triumphant. That's enough to make anyone's day! My friends, my day has been made.
ex‧ult‧ant adj.
exulting; highly elated; jubilant; triumphant.
Ooo! Ooo! And I just witnessed my first guy being excited after getting a date! No joke, I thought all that discussion about having to pump yourself up before asking someone on a date and then feeling triumphant when it actually works out the way you want it to was all fable! I mean, I knew that's probably what I'd have to do being the person that I am, but I thought guys were much too suave and understandingly confident for it to be really true. Perhaps I just thought it was a story they told us girls knowing that it might make us feel, you know, a little more special. Now that I say that outloud, it sounds quite naive. Well, I'm glad to be proven wrong. And indeed he looked triumphant. That's enough to make anyone's day! My friends, my day has been made.ex‧ult‧ant adj.
exulting; highly elated; jubilant; triumphant.
5 comments:
living in a storage closet?! that's like my life-long dream.
oh, wait. no.
nevermind.
This is a test to see if you compulsively check how many comments your post got, even days after initial publication. If you are reading this, then you win a prize. Here is my blog address:
http://thefreakinshiz.blogspot.com
Let's be pals and comment on each other's posts so that people we'll think we're cool and we'll imagine that we are more successful bloggers.
saweet!
jo, can we make submissions to the vocab list? i just learned a word.
Indeed, the anna! Please do!
Post a Comment