Monday, February 19, 2007

"i've still got it"

I love conversation. I do. I frequently blame it on the fact that I am a member of my family and that's the way the genes crumble (somehow I feel like that phrase only works with cookies). Still, any way I try to explain it I come back to the unmistakable fact that I love to talk and more importantly, I love to talk with other people (notice that I'm cleverly excluding the obvious fact that I talk to myself all the time... wait... oh shoot...).

And as you all know, I can rarely keep a good conversation, especially when the person I have talked with is worth being quoted, to myself.

And, for me, this is why life is worth living, because there are people like this in the world.

Enjoy:

"I'm just a big, dumb, hot guy."

This one was just as good in context as it is out of context.

"Coconut smell is like nuclear weapons. It should be outlawed."

The jury is still out on this one.

And some dialogue of a conversation on Valentine's Day:

"For example, I ask people, 'If you were a blueberry, what would you like to be in?'"
"Easy. I'd be in a pancake."
"Well, I give them certain options, of course."
"Oh... sorry."
"Would you be in a muffin, pie, or cheesecake?"
"Bleh, cheesecake... definitely a pie."
"Pie?!? No, no, no, a muffin. I would be a muffin."

And I've asked several other people that question since then and can you believe it?!? Everyone has wanted to be in a muffin! I would love to hear a good argument for that one! Come on, people. Pie! (And no, I wasn't thinking of Bette Midler's Sesame Street featured song when I answered the question in case you were wondering).

"Welcome to Snome.
In Snome you'll find such creatures as the Bi-icorn and the Diclops. In fact, I saw a Diclops riding a Bi-icorn through the meadow the other day.
I can see that you are a visitor here.
I'll let you digest that while I play the pan flute."


And this one... well, I guess this is what comes out of my brother and I trying to spell words with only 12 Scrabble tiles to choose from. He almost got away with it too.

la·con·ic
–adjective
using few words; expressing much in few words; concise: a laconic reply.

4 comments:

the anna said...

that you do, miss, that you do.

Janice said...

Glad to know that the snowm conversation has been written down. I aven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Anonymous said...

I am the Mayor Snome. I became so by pan flute excellence. Please stay in our enchanted world, a little longer and you may see a powerless giant wingless pixie.

jo said...

Ah, yes! Welcome to Snome!