Friday, January 18, 2008

but I can't wait until I'm eight

eight
-noun
1. a cardinal number, seven plus one.

8 things I am passionate about:
  1. my husband
  2. my fam
  3. biology
  4. definitions of words/grammar (though not as good as I'd like to be)
  5. conversations!
  6. writing in a journal (for some odd reason)
  7. insects
  8. necklaces (though I rarely sport them)

8 things I want to do before I die:

  1. dive in a shark cage
  2. learn how to bake all kinds o' bread
  3. do a field study on a certain insect
  4. learn how to oil paint... for real, not just guessing
  5. learn how to talk without pausing, saying, "um" or "uh" or searching for the right word
  6. raise a family
  7. learn to play the violin well
  8. write a book (me too, ash!)

8 books I have read recently:

  1. My Antonia - Willa Cather
  2. National Geographic- January 2008 (not a book... shoot)
  3. The Idiot - Dostoevsky
  4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows- J.K. Rowling
  5. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
  6. The Avacado of Death - Daniel Pinkwater
  7. Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
  8. Scrambled Eggs Super - Dr. Seuss

8 things I often say:

  1. truth be told
  2. rock that candy shop
  3. you know what I'm saying? (a bad habit... I'm trying to quit)
  4. let's look it up!
  5. are you sure?
  6. indeed
  7. I can't decide...
  8. hey love

8 things that attract me to friends:

  1. sincerity
  2. positive attitude
  3. kindness
  4. likes to talk
  5. sense of humor
  6. doesn't mind random inadvertent puns...
  7. likes to laugh
  8. don't take themselves too seriously

8 songs and albums I would listen to over and over (this is a hard one for me... I love the "repeat" function on the music player):

  1. Anything by George Gershwin
  2. Claire de lune - Debussy
  3. Lull and Weather Systems - Andrew Bird
  4. Always Asking Questions - Howard Jones
  5. Neighborhood #2 - Arcade Fire
  6. New Day - The King's Singers
  7. Chan Chan - Buena Vista Social Club
  8. Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles

8 things I learned this year:

  1. being married is grand
  2. I love red-orange wild flowers
  3. car airbags can cause the windows to come crashing down (see! those inadvertent puns!)
  4. teaching is as difficult as they say it is
  5. airguns are quite fascinating (though I neither have or want one)
  6. good friends are a true blessing
  7. working on not being anxious is worth it (even if it seems futile)
  8. the future, though unknown, is always better than you think it will be

8 random things about me:

  1. of all God's creations, earthworms are my least favorite
  2. I am fascinated by left-handedness
  3. I secretly like a Nelly Furtado song
  4. I was in a small film festival winner film
  5. I was in a commercial when I was 5
  6. thinking I was some sort of stuntman, I broke my collar bone at age 1 1/2
  7. if I take notes in a certain pen color one day I must use a different color the next day
  8. I'm not a big fan of ice cream

8 people I tag:

Taggity-tag tag!

ok... so I don't have have the courage to tag anyone... but did my strange exclamation distract you from that fact?

2 comments:

kel said...

thanks for responding to my taggety tag. i like it!

FPrince said...

this is a fun post; somehow it's refreshing to know I'm not the only closet Nelly Furtado fan. have to admit she's catchy.