Thursday, April 30, 2009

so, here's my dilemma

I cannot seem to get very far reading The Omnivore's Dilemma.
But I feel like I should. I mean, I'm an omnivore, and I often find this problematic. You might say, I find it dilemmatic at times. Also, I was given the book to borrow close to a year ago. I'm pretty sure I've crossed over from being politely interested to being a thief. This whole situation might end with a phone call that begins something like this, "So, hey, did you think that omnivore's dilemma book was yours?"
So, I've abandoned the idea for a time. It seems only logical.
And now I'm on to birds.

7 comments:

english said...

birds?

Jess said...

Birds? To eat? Get it? It's an omnivore's dilemma. Ha.

The Former 786 said...

You should read The Carnivore's Dilemma. It's about a meat-eater that doesn't know if he should eat the zebra or the gazelle.

Or the Herbivore's Dilemma. It's about a vegetarian who becomes anemic because of a lack of iron.

ash said...

I have a couple of books at my house that have made me a thief too. It's hard to return a book and say, "Um, yeah, it was good...well, actually, I didn't really read all of it." Better luck with Birds of North America.

kel said...

i can do a book report of The Omnivore's Dilemma for you. i'm nearly done and i need to finish before we move (it's Snow's copy). so i'll give the book report and you'll be able to take my word for it.

Kylie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylie said...

Oh, Jo. I just made a spazzy comment and I had to delete it when I realized my mistake.

Maybe you will finish your book someday? It took me about 3 months to get through this book about Columbus. I read a bunch of other books during my off-periods of reading the Columbus one, but I finally got myself to finish it since the library wanted it back.

Maybe you just need a return deadline from the loaner?