Thursday, January 27, 2011

three musts for this Valentine's Day season

I love Valentine's day.

And pun most definitely intended. I've always loved this holiday and I almost wish it was a season we celebrated all month. Reds, pinks, friends, family, loves, everything about it.

This year there are three staples for my Valentine's season. I can't wait for February one.

Ginger ale

Poppies

(blogger conveniently has a poppy pattern!)

Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears

What are you doing to celebrate this year? Or in other words, what foods will you be dying pink?

5 comments:

ash said...

I dig the new background. And since I haven't yet found chocolate covered cinnamon bears in this local, do you think I could make them myself? hmmm

Cheers to Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

I love chocolate covered cinnamon bears!!! I'll definitely do that this year!

The Former 786 said...

Pink milk, pink scrambled eggs and pink pancakes - it's tradition.

And as much as I enjoy Valentine's Day, I long for the days in elementary school where you got to make a Valentine's box and get a bunch of candy from your classmates. Oh, and the actual Valentine's were nice, too.

kel said...

me too! i'm a huge fan. we'll do some pink heart-shaped pancakes. and don't forget the cinnamon lips! although chocolate covered cinnamon bears are thee best.

cate said...

I am big on heart shaped mini-York pattys. They have a pink centre and make the most marvelously serene puffing noise when you crack them in two by your ear. This year I celebrated the Valentine's Day season by sharing loads of these with my Scottish/Polish/Latvian co-workers I got in a parcel from my in-laws. They were very impressed with this delightfully festive sweetie too!