You've been in that situation before. I know you have. You know the one where you think to yourself, "Oh, right... I keep making this mistake. Next time, I'll remember not to."
I do this all the time. But recently I've realized I keep making the one particular mistake over and over again more "over again" than the others. And that mistake is:
thinking that if a recipe asks for 1 or 2 teaspoons of "fresh lemon juice" then the whole lemon will do.
Folks, it's simply not true. There is way more juice in one lemon than 1 or 2 teaspoons. I know this. You probably know this. But each time I find myself saying to myself, "How am I ever going to use half a lemon before it spoils? What they hey, juicing the full lemon won't hurt anyone," only to be reminded moments later that yes, it does hurt the dish. Bleh.
Are there any mistakes that seem to be set on repeat for you? Coming back to jackie smaz not included.
3 comments:
Does dating the wrong type of guy count? I've been guilty of that in the past. Hopefully I'm over that now. :)
Great post. Love your last line, very clever.
My repeat offense: thinking that clothes won't wrinkle after they've come out of the dryer and I've stuck them back into the laundry basket.
buying cilantro thinking i'll use it soon. i hardly ever use it in time.
Post a Comment