.jpg)
If you haven't caught RadioLab's most recent episode, I think it's worth a bit of your time.
I was most interested in the section about mirror images, what we see in the mirror vs. what the world sees.
Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought, "Who is that person? Oh right, it's me" only to have to really sit there and convince yourself that it is indeed you in the mirror? I have. It only lasts for a moment or two and then fades. And I've actually thought quite a bit about this and how our perceptions of ourselves differ from those of others just because what we see in the mirror is just that, a mirror image. How can a mirror image be so different? It's crazy. You'll have to listen to the show.
Anyway, I think you'd like this show on symmetry. I know I've enjoyed the first half (still listening to the second).
3 comments:
I love Radio Lab! I'm a few episodes behind, but it's definitely on my list of awesome Podcasts.
Also, your background is trippy. It's like an optical illusion! I like it.
thanks for his post. i'm catching up on some podcasts so i'll be sure to get this one. (and rent the movie in the post above.)
Oh hey! I forgot to tell you that I listened to this episode finally and I've since started parting my hair on the other side, just to see what happens. :)
Post a Comment