Wednesday, June 22, 2011

one day, I'll finish Bleak House


Mrs. Toothsome recently posted about the BBC list of top 100 books to read. She's one of those people who always has a book in hand. An avid reader. She's a library of book reviews. Something I admire. And just because I was curious, I checked to see how many I've read, and I've got a lot to go. I've only read 29 of the 100, and I double checked and I've started but never finished four more (I'm looking at you Bleak House [insert fist pump of rage]).

I was surprised to see the first four of the Harry Potter series, and delighted to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, and The BFG. and The Twits. How awesome. It was last updated in 2004 so there may be a few I'd add to the list today.

What about you? How many have you read? What surprised you? What would you add?

4 comments:

ash said...

29 of the 100, well done! I just counted and I've read 16. Who makes these lists anyway? No, just kidding. I will have to add some of them to my list. And, like you, I am glad to see Dahl well represented there.

Janice said...

Thanks for the shout out. Honestly, made my night. I need to read more Dahl. BFG has been moved to close to the top of my list. I have to get through the blasted Vanity Fair first (which BTW, I discovered in the top 200, so it doesn't even really count.)

Janice said...

Oh and David Copperfield is on the list and that is a Dickens I have started more than once. Like, you I would like to insert a fist pump of rage with that one. I might just have to try and tackle it sometime before 2011 ends. A big "might" is the keyword in that phrase.

The Former 786 said...

13.

Ouch. But I have seen some film adaptations of these books, so I'm going to inflate my number to 34.

I was surprised to see so many of the Harry Potter books on there. But I do enjoy them.