
I wish you all could come visit my small town. I admit, I was skeptical at first. Ok, very skeptical. The icy ghost town I visited so long ago seemed daunting, even a little crazy. I remember thinking, "What are we doing here? What do we do here?"
But I'm here to tell you, folks, there is so much about this place that we're going to miss.
We began our story here. I can't believe that was just three short years ago. The shoes are long gone, and I've turned in my photos of street signs to take photos of something a little more near and dear to my heart.
Much about us has changed. But this little town hasn't, thank goodness.
There will always be a little fraction of my heart devoted to this little town: how I can see the stars at night, feel like everything is still after 10PM, share a run with a cow or two, and that just by driving down the county road among the green with all the windows down, I can forget that I just spent seven months hibernating in my home. I think I even said just last weekend, "Why would you ever move from this place?"
Oh, right... because life does go on. Go figure. (That and we did just spend seven months indoors... lest we forget).
And with that, my yearbook entry for our town:
Dear Small Little Town, don't you every change. I mean that. You rock.
3 comments:
So many good times in the land of WI. What a place to live and to experience so much. So great to visit you guys and see your house there. Best o' luck with your new adventure. KIT Wisconsin. And have a great summer!!!
Where are you going next?
a familiar feeling and a good one too. it's pretty cool because like you say, D-ville will always have a very special place it your heart. it's where you first ventured out and it's where your babe was born. Lil can look forward to at least one slightly boring but also interesting place back to the town of her birth where her parents will buy a Culver's custard and tell nostalgic stories. :)
Post a Comment