Monday, September 08, 2014

intelligent you at the local zoo

We're zoo goers.  We love it.

However, we recently discovered that you can't say anything intelligent at the zoo.

Next time you go, listen--to yourself, and others--and observe.  You can't say anything intelligent at a zoo.

One time I tried, really hard, I did, I promise, and this is what came out, "Look, little one, look at the lion!  What is it?  Well, it's like a big cat.  Look at the big cat! He's sleeping.  Look at him sleeping.  There he goes!  Sleeping!"  Then I hung my head in shame.  So I tried again, "Look here!  This is called a howler monkey... wait, no, well the sign here says 'Siamang' and I actually don't think they are the same thing... anyway... look at him swing!"  It's harder than it sounds.  It is.

I heard another patron say, "Look at the cheetah! Look at 'im!"  ....... It was a leopard.

Next time you go to the zoo, observe and if you think of it, leave a comment here on what you find.  I'd be interested to read your findings.

Oh and one more thing... have fun!  For it is very entertaining.

1 comment:

ash said...

It's nice to see you post, Jackie Smaz.

I love this post. I have often thought this same thing as I say to one of my kids, "Look at the lemur, I mean meerkat...um, I think that's a meerkat."