Friday, August 25, 2006

i am the lorax, i speak for the trees


One of my favorite books, as you know. And I think I have a favorite Dr. Seuss moment. It's a good one, so I share it with you now.

A friend of mine, and consequently the friend who gave me the book as a gift, sat down to read The Lorax for the first time. He read it slowly taking in not only the words but the actual colors and contrasts which makes this book fun to read. In the middle of the story, just as the exposition begins to turn into climax, he was interrupted by an obligation he had to attend to and he got up to leave. As he said his farewells I saw that the book was among the items tucked under his arm to take home. "Are you taking that?" I asked, thinking he had inadvertently forgotten it was in his hand. "Of course," he replied, "I have to finish it."

By the way, have you read Horton Hears a Who? If not, let that be the next Dr. Seuss book you read. I think you'll like it.

5 comments:

kel said...

what kind of person would bust in on the reading of the Lorax? gosh.

T.R. said...

needs a thneed ----->

Anonymous said...

Some people need to update their blogs more regularly if they want people to check them. Some of us have no life and live for new blog entries

kel said...

hey Jackie... this same mean person posted on my blog too. i think we should devise a top secret poking scheme to get her back.

Anonymous said...

You none regular bloggers are really starting to bug me.