Friday, February 01, 2008

why yellow?

Probably because it's been snowing for three days now.

Don't get me wrong. I'm really glad it's been snowing so much. At least the drought will be thankful. But, I find that I haven't seen blue sky, not to mention the sun, in far too long.

And yesterday my hair froze.

And that darn "check engine soon" light came on... again... after [insert large amount of dollars here] in repairs, and having it turned off again, a day later... etc. etc.

And I've had way too many near misses on the snowy roads.

See!

Do you see what the drear (not a noun) has done?!

And therefore, yellow. Coincidentally, my favorite color.


mi·lieu (ml-y, ml-y)
n.
pl. mi·lieus or mi·lieux (-ly)

1. The totality of one's surroundings; an environment.
2. The social setting of a mental patient.

2 comments:

ash said...

You reach a new state of cold when your hair freezes. Stay warm and drive safe. That "check engine" light doesn't mean a thing, at least it didn't on the Plymouth Sundance...

kel said...

bone-chilling, scone-chilling, phone -chilling cold. we got 7 or so inches of snow over the weekend and a few flakes are falling now.

the 'service' light on our car comes on and goes off randomly now. maybe it's a coming of age thing for cars.