Friday, May 30, 2008

a new place requires new shoes




Quick!

I need your opinions...

Give me three things you like about Wisconsin.

11 comments:

T.R. said...

cheese (duh)
that big lake
it's shape

the anna said...

i told you the most important ones, but, as a show of support, i also enjoy:
its proximity to canada
its proximity to chicago
"hip college towns"

cate said...

I just finished reading in a children's nonfiction book about John Muir, here at the Orem Library, that you can see the Aurora Borealis in parts of Wisconsin. According to the watercolors in this book it is "crimson, purple, and shimmering gold". John Muir and his dad found it even a better Northern Light sight than the one in Scotland. So come Sept/Oct and March/April you are going to have a pretty sweet view when you look up!

Plus there's cheese. I know you like your Tillamook.

To make three - of course, there's you there for me to come and visit:)

Lobbie said...

Oh! Oh! Me! Me!
1. It's next to MN which is as close to perfection as you can get.
2. The springs and autumns are GORGEOUS!!! Seriously, autumns in the Midwest with all those trees everywhere is something to behold.
3. Most places have really good schools. At least if it's similar to MN and other Midwest states, which I believe it is. At least you know they'll be better than UT!
4. Lots of pretty places to walk, bike, run/etc. Parks are a big thing out there
5. Lots of fun, silly festivals throughout the year with good food.
6. Generally very polite people
7. That awesome accent
8. You can buy cheese-hats
9. Green Bay-The Packers I mean, just go visit. It's hysterical-the town literally owns their football team. Really cool.
10. Indian Reservations with casinos galore. Wait, that's not a good one.
11. (to make up for the casinos) A smaller, but very committed, Church membership.
12. You can actually do missionary work with your neighbors if you want!

Unknown said...

I like WI cheese soup...and I already told you that in green bay there is an intersection named after me....and it (WI)connects to Michigan's not very talked about UP. (upper penisula-i can't spell)

Sarah T. said...

It has the word "sin" in it's name though it is quite tame in comparison with Las Vegas aka "Sin City" which really has to do with a brightest start in Lyra.

Maybe it's not a favorite thing just something that I noticed. It's all I can give ya having never been to Wisconsin.

Janice said...

Raspberry picking, apple orchard and pumpkin patch season.

Amazing ice cream.

Long snow filled winters (I love the snow.)

ash said...

Dodgeville
Mt Horeb
Madison

Okay, really, for me, it's the 8 people I know that live there.

I look forward to you sharing the three coolest things you think about WI.

kel said...

1. Christian radio
2. The Cheese Chalet
3. concretes (frozen custard)

The Former 786 said...

1. Gouda

2. Swiss

3. Medium Cheddar

english said...

1. accent
2. all the "s"es
3. you guys (awww)