Complimentary coffee (complete with Styrofoam cups, Sweet 'N Low, creamer, and those cool little stirring straws) is a kind gesture employers give to their hardworking employees.

But what they should really give out as a "gift" is a big bowl o' mints.
My reasons are two fold.
One, because mints are delicious and universally applicable... and delicious.
And two, because who hasn't found themselves at some point during the workday in dire need of a mint?
So here is my plan.
I'm going to buy myself a very plain looking plastic bowl and a bag of delicious mints and I'm going to set them at the coffee station, perhaps near the toaster.
People will come along and obviously be in need of a mint (I mean, they're either getting coffee or warming an English muffin... they'll need a mint, I'm sure) and they'll be glad there is one, even two, there for the taking.
I'll replenish the bowl as needed for a short duration, and then when the time is right, I'll let the bowl go disappointingly empty.
Some savvy young employee in charge of supplying the coffee station with essential complimentary comforts will see the need for more mints and, eager to impress his superiors, he'll get the job done.
And so on and so forth until mints are a staple (no pun intended) at the coffee station and no one can remember when there weren't mints for the taking.
Success!
I'll let you know how all of this goes.
10 comments:
p.s.
is "essential comforts" an oxymoron?
I think that's a wonderful idea. I know some co-workers who would love/need mints!
I'm very excited to see how this turns out.
i think some forms of comfort ARE essential.
i think this is a brilliant plan and if someone else wasn't already instituting it in my office, i might.
p.s.
i just realized that sounds like we work in the same office and i got a little heartsick that we don't.
BrilJoelt! I don't see why you aren't running the place by now!
A mint would be a mighty fine complimentary delight. I must admit, when I see everyone enjoying their free coffee I think to myself, "Couldn't you offer some packets of hot cider or chocolate?" And now I'll add mints to my list.
I totally and completely agree. Nothing like a foul after taste set mouth that will not go away!
You totally will need to follow up...
PS In un-related news, a little musical about teens singing opens this weekend, and the question is... Will you see it? I hear the cast loves mints ;)
plus, then the office smells like mints because everyone is enjoying the mint.
please do tell us about the results. i love office experiMINTS. ah, ha ha ha!
This idea just leads to all kinds of success. The whole office "team" will have clean smelling breath, and the idea of hot drink mix-ins can be developed. (Minty Hot Cocoa, etc. . . )
what a great idea Joey, I can't wait to see if it works
Post a Comment