I was just told, for the second time, that I have an Australian accent.
Other than the fact that I've made a conscious effort to pronounce my "t"s in words like "mountain" and "Brighton" I have no idea where this comes from.
Though, it could have been because I greeted him with a "G'day mate", made several references to "Down Under", and called my cookie a "biscuit".
Just kidding.
Now I'm curious what accent an Australian thinks I have...
7 comments:
I'm very impressed that you know what a vegemite sandwich is. In fact, it makes me a little suspicious . . .
I'm so confused by this. What in the world? Maybe it shows the "international" aspect of Dogdeville, WI.
Haha! Australian is a new one. I love it! This summer you're going to have to have some steak off the "barbie" and discuss the good old days on the "outback" to make your Australian accent even more real. That and keep saying "BrighTon."
do you say really instead of rilly? that throws 'em off too. you gotta 'airn' the right to live down there.
just lean into it Jo. everyone loves an Australian.
on the other hand, there's no shame in a glottal stop; you can just say "Brighton" and "Football" like the rest of us.
(don't be a hero)
Vegemite? Really? I've always wondered what on earth they were saying. Now, what is it?
I always thought you sounded just like my friend Wendy from the OutbacK. J/K that is too funny. When I was in Utah I told a sales person I was living in Latvia, and he said I didn't even have an accent, I told him I was American and he said, I know, you just don't even have an accent.
Post a Comment