Saturday, March 13, 2010

thus far... one more thing

A film festival. That's what came to our little town and I can't tell you how excited I am. The films, many of them, are a few years old. But that didn't matter to us. Something to do on Friday night! And free!

We watched the documentary Garbage Dreams which followed three Zaballeen teens as they navigate a couple of those rough growing-up years in the trash trade in Cairo.

A couple of things I know absolutely nothing about? Cairo. The trash trade there.

But we both enjoyed this film quite a bit and now I know a couple of things about Cairo and the trash trade and I tell you, I've never been quite so inspired to recycle (Sorry Al Gore, no offense of course). Those teens know more about recycling than I think I'll know in my lifetime.

Enjoy this trailer, if for no other reason than that I finally learned how to embed (very simple) code.


www.documentary.org

2 comments:

ash said...

Man, life looks rough (and that's an understatement) for these teens, but it appears the film is full of hope. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad your town saw the likes of a free film fest.

The Former 786 said...

Interesting.

Thanks for the film recommendation!