Tuesday, October 19, 2010

fake smiles vs. genuine smiles

I followed this link from a friend this morning and was truly fascinated. It only takes a moment and I'd be curious about your results.

I took the survey this morning thinking I was a pretty good judge of genuine vs. fake smiles and I must say, I totally misjudged several of the smiles and ended with a 15 out of 20. A 75%. I'll admit I wasn't expecting that.

So, if you wouldn't mind and you have a moment take this short survey and tell me two things:
1. how you thought you would do, and
2. what you actually scored.

Plus, I think you'll have a bit of fun with it too.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

ash said...

This is so cool. Thanks for finding it and thanks for sharing it for bp's science!! My score, 9/20. I need to work on this. I am going to look at eye folds from now on! haha

Janice said...

11/20. Like Ashley, I need to notice eye folds.

Natalie Johansen said...

17/20. I did NOT think I would do that well... but look at me go. :) Now was that smile real or fake???

Derrill Watson said...

17/20. I'm pleasantly surprised.

kel said...

13/20... great find!

cate said...

16/20. They should have another survey that asks people what nationality these people are and what part of the face reveals that. I would get 100%. They are British and I can tell by their teeth!

The Former 786 said...

That was fun. 16/20. It's all about the eyes, man. It was harder than I thought it was going to be, though. Especially since you can only watch them once.

Jon said...

14/20. About what I expected I'd get. But it was only halfway through that I thought about watching the eyes.